RadioActive was set up in 2004 by radio engineer Max Graef, to provide technical supportand equipment to community radio stations around the world.
For our first project Max went with radio trainer Joanne Hanlon to the West Bank to work with the Ibdaa Cultural Centre to build Radio Ibdaa 194, a station that provides the youth of Dheisheh Refugee Camp with the skills and means to tell their own stories. Since then we have provided support for community radio stations in many countries around the world.
RadioActive has developed into a team of consultants, engineers and radio trainers who work on the creation and development community radio stations around the world.
We also supply a wide range of studio, transmission and solar power equipment for community radio stations and recording studios around the world.
Our work involves:
• providing guidance on licensing, staffing, budgeting and financial sustainability, station designs and equipment for different needs and budgets,
• delivering and installing all of the equipment, leaving the station on the air or ready to broadcast.
• teaching technicians proper use and maintenance of the equipment
• teaching radio presenters and journalists to use the studio equipment, including comprehensive training on the use of professional audio editing software Adobe Audition.
• teaching complete radio courses, including radio presentation, radio production and station management skills
• helping in the creation of a station programming schedule, a management committee, a staff rota, as well as jingles, playlists, radio scripts, radio ads, radio spots, radio drama, marketing materials, a station mission statement, a code of conduct and a range of potential revenue sources.
In addition we have a volunteer programme that gives volunteers the chance to share their experience with community radio stations around the world. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill in the form on our volunteer page.
in 2009 we registered RadioActive Consulting Limited, a VAT-registered limited company in the UK with Company Number: 07104684 and VAT Registration No: 983 9646 52, to continue our work, selling equipment and providing technical support and training to community radio stations and recording studios around the world.
Please see our projects page for details of our past projects and our services page for details of the services we offer.